Do you ever get stuck serving hummus again and again? Don’t get me wrong, hummus is AWESOME, but there are other options when it comes to delicious dips for your veggies, crackers, or bread. Here’s a healthy spin on a classic dip recipe that will have your guests–vegan or otherwise–coming back for a second serving!
I’ve adapted this recipe from a great one I found by Stacey Homemaker.
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and rinsed well
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup water (approx.)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 14oz. artichoke hearts, preferably jarred, otherwise canned, drained and chopped
- 8 cups of fresh baby spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Blend cashews, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar,and spices with ½ cup of water to make a smooth cream. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, heat up the grapeseed oil and fry the onions until they start to become translucent.
- Add the spinach to the onions and saute
- Once the spinach has wilted and shrunk down, stir in the artichokes. Stir for approximately 2 minutes, then reduce to a low heat.
- Add cashew cream from the blender to the saucepan and stir well. Add a bit more water if you need to to get the consistency you want.
- Let the sauce warm through, then serve warm with your favourite accoutrement, like pumpernickel bread, gluten free bread, veggies, or crackers
To see the original source of the inspiration, click here: https://www.staceyhomemaker.com/cashew-cream-spinach-artichoke-dip/