Have you ever tried a Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick’s Day?
Well St. Patrick’s Day is coming up on March 17th so now is the perfect time to try it!
The hallmarks of a Shamrock Shake are its creamy thickness, mint flavour, and often there’s some chocolate thrown in for good measure. And what’s not to love about creamy mint chocolatey goodness?
You can “have your cake and eat it too” with my take on a Shamrock Shake… that’s secretly a green smoothie in disguise. But trust me, no one will ever know the difference! It’s totally indulgent and delicious!
Ingredients – 2 Servings
- 18 oz. of almond milk, light coconut milk, or your favourite kind of milk alternative
- 1 banana – frozen
- 1 small avocado (makes it super creamy!)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon of mint extract)
- small pinch of stevia or tablespoon of maple syrup, to taste
- Chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, or cacao nibs to top it off
- In a high speed blender, blend the milk, banana, avocado, cocoa powder, spinach, and mint until it comes together as a smooth liquid.
- Try it to taste and add stevia or maple syrup to taste. You may also add more mint to taste.
- Serve in a tall glass or mason jar and top with chocolate chips, shavings, or cacao nibs.