I picked up some fresh Niagara peaches at the Peach festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake this weekend. Here’s a little raw recipe that I’ve whipped together for a party tomorrow. As usual, in the moment this was a play it by ear recipe but it came out great!
Raw Peach Square Recipe
- Coconut butter – about 400 grams
- 8 ripe peaches
- a touch of stevia, to taste
- a touch of vanilla
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Coconut flour
- Coconut oil
- A touch of ground ginger
- Blitz the coconut butter in the food processor until it makes a smooth cream.
- Cut the peaches up in to slices and start to drop them in the food processor until everything is blitzed together.
- Add the other ingredients to taste.
- Pour batter in to a bowl and set aside on the counter.
- No need to clean the food processor. Just throw about half a cup of coconut flour in and start to blitz it, then add dates and some coconut oil until it still starts to come together as a dough. Add more coconut flour as needed.
- Use some coconut oil to grease a square pan. I have a flexible non-stick silicone pan that I like for raw desserts. Press the crust in to the bottom, then pour the batter in. Set in freezer for at least 2 hours. Cut in to squares and enjoy!
The flavour has come out quite subtle and creamy and really nice. Let’s see if the drunkards at the party appreciate it or not, haha. 🙂
Update: They did. Very much.