I came across this nice green juice recipe from Joy Shull. It’s a nice combination for a refreshed start to the day. I like to add a little ginger along with the lemon to wake up with some zing! Here’s how I shake it up:
- 1 large or small cucumbers
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1/2 lemon (roughly cut off the peel first)
- 1 lime (roughly cut off the peel first)
- 1 green apple, cored
- Small nub of raw ginger (optional)
- Chop your ingredients into sizes that will fit in your juicer. Alternate between the very wet cucumber, the romaine, and the celery, and the other ingredients for best results.
It’s best to drink it right away but you can seal it in a mason jar in the fridge for about 4-6 hours if you’re stockpiling your juice for the day.
Original source of inspiration: https://buildyourbite.com/cleansing-green-juice/