I haven’t been feeling all that raw lately. It’s not such a cold winter, but still I’ve been enjoying soups and warm salads mixed in with my usual raw green smoothies and regular raw salads. Today I had a craving for swiss chard and I decided to do a light sautee in my favourite way.
Recipe: Warm Swiss Chard Salad
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup of sliced red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp of grapeseed oil, or your cooking oil of choice*
- 1/2 lemon
- splash of good quality EVOO (optional)
- salt to taste (optional)
- Heat up a pan and sautee onion and garlic in your cooking oil until the garlic starts to change colour.
- Add your Swiss Chard stirring constantly.
- Just as the Swiss Chard begins to wilt, turn the heat off.
- Stir a bit more, then add the lemon to cool off the pan. Stir well.
- Add a splash of really good quality olive oil and season with salt if you like. Usually I use Himalayan salt but I just used some garlic salt that’s quite yummy.
- Serve warm, or enjoy it cold or at room temperature later.
*I don’t like to cook with olive oil because it has a lower smoke point. I prefer grapeseed oil or coconut oil, depending on the recipe. Grapeseed oil has a more neutral flavour.
I just inhaled the entire bunch of swiss chard on my own. Delicious!